Procurement Officer (Arabic Speaker)
11 Sep 2022
Our client is a leading sports organization in the gulf region looking for a procurement officer to provide support in the execution of all procurement related activities in accordance with the established procurement policies and procedures to ensure that the operational requirements of all departments are met at the highest standards possible.
Key Responsibilities will include
- Handle the complete procurement cycle for low to non-critical goods and services under the supervision of the Senior Specialist Procurement to ensure the procurement needs are met in a quick and effective manner.
- In coordination with the Finance department, track purchase orders in order to ensure that products/services are received on time.
- Log material purchase orders and contract information accurately onto the system in order to maintain a complete documentation and so that recording and filing is accurate and up-to-date at all times.
- Review and identify variances or deviations in contract performance, reporting nonconformities to the procurement section to take corrective action, minimizing all possible disparities.
- Gather purchasing requirements from other functions, ensuring clarity and proper documentation, determining if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs, ordering more materials when necessary.
- Calculate costs of orders, and charge or forward invoices to appropriate accounts.
- Contribute to the evaluations of the vendors’ prices, reliability, adherence to the contractual agreements and undertake necessary actions.
- Confirm registered and pre-qualified suppliers are evaluated and assessed to meet internal performance targets and criteria.
- Prepare and review purchasing files, reports and price lists, comparing prices, specifications and delivery dates to determine the best bid among potential suppliers, maintaining a database of all relevant data.
- Assist in the evaluation of vendor’s performance based on the inputs of contract and achievement of the contract obligations to identify the most suitable vendors for any potential work involvement in the future.
- Preserve awareness of market developments in purchasing techniques, product technology and supply market activity in order to stay up-to-date, identifying and exploiting commercial opportunities.
Who we're looking for
- Must have Bachelor degree in Business Administration. Additional qualifications or professional degrees in the field are an advantage.
- Must have minimum 5-6 years of relevant experience in procurement and/or other related fields working in large corporates and complex environments.
- Professional Reporting skills and Good command of English and Arabic languages
What's on offer
- AED 16,000 - 20,000 per month (inclusive of base, housing, other allownaces)
- Additional Benefits include: Family Medical Insurance, Annual Performance Bonus
- Job Ref: TI-7h72
- Your application will be sent to Qasim Siddique